SKIN CARE IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR TAN
THE NAKED TRUTH
WHY ARE THESE STEPS IMPORTANT?
- To keep your pH balance in check and avoid from turning green.
- To have your skin moisturised and exfoliated so it takes colour evenly.
- To prepare to have clean skin with no product residue that would affect the colour.
7 DAYS OUT (Minimum)
- Moisturise and exfoliate daily (See Merchandise for Body Lotion and Sugar Scrub Options).
- Stay away from oils, deodorant, perfume and body sprays where at all possible!!!
- It is recommended that you have full body hair removal for optimum results. Exfoliate after all forms of hair removal.
- Minimum 24 hours before your appointment.
- Minimum 10 days before your appointment.
- BE MINDFUL of wax residue and skin irritation which will become very noticeable with a spray tan.
- Minimum 48 hours before your appointment.
- Test your skin if you have never used before.
24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR TAN
- Minimum 5 hours before your appointment to allow your pores to close.
- Use a non-moisturising liquid gel soap. (See Merchandise for a Body Wash Option)
- Use an exfoliating glove or nylon mesh cloth. (See Merchandise for a Sugar Scrub Option)
- Pay attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels.
Do NOT (NO Exceptions)
- Apply Deodorant.
- Apply Perfume or Body Spray.
WHAT TO WEAR? WHAT TO WEAR?
- Flip flops.
- Dark loose clothing.
- Absolutely NO RED clothing.
- Do NOT put your posing suit on for at least 2-3 hours after your appointment.
- Avoid snaps, zippers, buttons, jeans, stiff fabrics, tight clothing.
- NO Socks.
OTHER TIPS AND TRICKS.
- Do NOT participate in any physical activity causing perspiration. Increasing pH = turning green.
- Paint your finger nails with clear polish to avoid staining (men and women) (Barrier creme is provided to assist in prevention).
- Bring an umbrella if it is raining outside.
- Sleep in loose fitting clothing to avoid body marks or flaws in the tan.
- Get the Muscle Metamorphosis Sleep Sac to protect your linens, hotel linens and your tan. (See Merchandise for Sleep Care.)
- Wet wipes of any type are your best friend, keep washrooms and hotel rooms clean of marks.
For More Information on skin prep, scars/stretch marks, acne/sensitive skin, eczema, psoriasis or commonly seen tinea versicolor, please click here.